Product matching is a result of many factors, including provider marketing criteria. Matches or products included are from providers who compensate us. This compensation may impact which products appear and how they appear.
Compare No Annual Fees Credit Cards in September 2023
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart® and Target®), plus 1% on all other purchases
- Earn 10% cash back on purchases made through Uber & Uber Eats, plus complimentary Uber One membership statement credits through 11/14/2024
- Earn 8% cash back on Capital One Entertainment purchases
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Balance Transfer is back! Enjoy 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months from the date of account opening. After that, 18.99% to 29.99% variable APR.
- 3% Cash Back on U.S. online retail purchases, on up to $6,000 per year, then 1%.https://www.quickencompare.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=22679&action=edit&classic-editor#
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- $0 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Enjoy up to 6 months of complimentary Uber One membership statement credits through 11/14/2024
Chase Slate Edge
- Lower your interest rate by 2% each year. Automatically be considered for an APR reduction when you pay on time, and spend at least $1000 on your card by your next account anniversary.
- Raise your credit limit. Get an automatic, one-time review for a higher credit limit when you pay on time, and spend $500 in your first six months.
- Keep tabs on your credit health – Chase Credit Journey helps you monitor your credit with free access to your latest score, real-time alerts, and more
Benefits of No Annual Fee Credit Cards
The most obvious benefit of a no annual fee credit card is the cost savings. You don’t have to pay an annual fee simply for owning and using the card. This can be particularly beneficial if you are a moderate or infrequent credit card user and don’t want to incur unnecessary expenses.
Lower barrier to entry
No annual fee credit cards often have more relaxed approval requirements, making them accessible to a broader range of consumers. If you have limited credit history or a lower credit score, these cards can provide an opportunity to establish or rebuild your credit without having to pay an annual fee.
Supplementary card option
Some no annual fee credit cards offer the option to add authorized users or provide supplementary cards to family members. This can allow you to earn rewards or manage expenses together without incurring additional fees for the extra cards.
Introduction to rewards programs
Many no annual fee credit cards still offer rewards programs, albeit usually at a lower rate compared to premium cards with annual fees. These rewards can include cash back, points, or miles. Having a no annual fee card with rewards allows you to get a taste of the benefits of a rewards program without the cost commitment.
Flexibility and low maintenance
No annual fee credit cards often come with fewer restrictions and commitments. You can use the card as needed without feeling pressured to use it extensively to justify the annual fee. These cards typically have lower requirements for maintaining the account, providing more flexibility and ease of use.
By using a no annual fee credit card responsibly, you can build or improve your credit history. Making timely payments and managing your credit utilization ratio can have a positive impact on your credit score, helping you establish a strong credit profile over time.
If you already have a credit card with an annual fee, adding a no annual fee credit card to your wallet can serve as a complementary card. You can use it for situations where your primary card may not be accepted or to have a backup option without incurring additional costs.
We are an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which we receive compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including for example, the order in which they may appear within listing categories. The ranking is determined at our own discretion and should not be considered an endorsement (express or implied). The information and vendors which appear on this site is subject to change at any time. To the extent that ratings and rankings appear on this site, these are determined by both our subjective opinion and based on a methodology that aggregates a number of factors, including but not limited to, our analysis of brand market share based on origination volume and number of leads purchased, reputation according to such factors as JD Power customer service awards, compensation paid to us, and general consumer interest and awareness. For Credit Cards, Quicken Compare has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of specific credit card products. Quicken Compare and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Quicken Compare Score
The Quicken Compare score is based on multiple factors such as the most popular choice, consumer feedback and our internal evaluation. The score is unbiased and its goal is to provide you with a relative recommendation of offers as you compare the brands listed in our marketplaces. We do receive monetary compensation if you utilize the brands listed which allows us to keep this service free.
Quicken Compare, a LMB Opco, LLC company, is compensated by third-party advertisers, however, any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in editorial content are of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the advertiser. We make every effort to provide up-to-date information, however we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information presented. Consumers should verify any terms and conditions with the institution providing the products. Articles may contain some sponsored content, content about affiliated entities or content about clients in the network. QuickenCompare does not include all lenders or offers available in the marketplace. The content displayed on QuickenCompare or in this video does not provide legal, financial, accounting or tax advice. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.