Product matching is a result of many factors, including provider marketing criteria. Matches or products included are from providers who compensate us. This compensation may impact which products appear and how they appear.
Compare Home Security Systems in September 2023
Find and compare the right home security system for you
Vivint Home Security
Benefits of a Home Security System
Home security systems offer numerous benefits that contribute to the safety, protection, and peace of mind of homeowners. Here’s a comprehensive breakdown of the advantages of having a home security system:
- Deterrence of Crime: One of the primary benefits of a home security system is its ability to deter criminals. Visible security cameras, yard signs, and window stickers act as strong deterrents and discourage burglars from targeting your home. Knowing that their actions are being monitored and recorded reduces the likelihood of a break-in.
- Protection against Burglaries: Home security systems are designed to detect and alert homeowners and monitoring centers about unauthorized entry attempts. When a potential break-in is detected, the system triggers loud alarms and notifies authorities, ensuring a swift response. This rapid response significantly increases the chances of catching the intruders and minimizing property damage or loss.
- Fire and Smoke Detection: Many home security systems include fire and smoke detectors as part of their features. These detectors can identify the early signs of fire or smoke in your home, allowing you to take prompt action by notifying you and emergency services. This feature is crucial for protecting your family and limiting fire-related damage.
- Carbon Monoxide Detection: Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas that can be deadly if inhaled in high concentrations. Home security systems equipped with carbon monoxide detectors can detect abnormal levels of CO and alert homeowners, enabling them to evacuate and seek help before it becomes a life-threatening situation.
- Remote Access and Control: Modern home security systems often come with remote access capabilities. Through mobile apps or web interfaces, homeowners can monitor their homes, arm or disarm the system, receive real-time notifications, and even control various home automation features such as lighting, temperature, and door locks. Remote access provides convenience, flexibility, and enhanced control over your home’s security.
- Video Surveillance: Security systems equipped with video surveillance allow homeowners to monitor their property in real-time. Surveillance cameras can be strategically placed indoors and outdoors to cover vulnerable areas and record any suspicious activities. Video footage can serve as valuable evidence for law enforcement and insurance purposes in case of an incident.
- Insurance Benefits: Having a home security system can lead to reduced home insurance premiums. Insurance companies often offer discounts to homeowners who have implemented security measures, as they are seen as less risky to insure. This can result in significant savings over time, making the investment in a security system more cost-effective.
- Peace of Mind: One of the most significant benefits of a home security system is the peace of mind it provides. Knowing that your home is protected 24/7, whether you’re present or away, can alleviate stress and anxiety. Whether it’s deterring burglaries, detecting emergencies, or monitoring loved ones, the knowledge that your home is secure brings a sense of comfort and allows you to focus on other aspects of your life.
In summary, home security systems offer a wide range of benefits, including deterring crime, protecting against burglaries and fire, detecting carbon monoxide, providing remote access and control, offering video surveillance, potentially lowering insurance premiums, and providing peace of mind. These systems are a worthwhile investment to safeguard your home, belongings, and most importantly, the well-being of your family.
We are an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which we receive compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including for example, the order in which they may appear within listing categories. The ranking is determined at our own discretion and should not be considered an endorsement (express or implied). The information and vendors which appear on this site is subject to change at any time. To the extent that ratings and rankings appear on this site, these are determined by both our subjective opinion and based on a methodology that aggregates a number of factors, including but not limited to, our analysis of brand market share based on origination volume and number of leads purchased, reputation according to such factors as JD Power customer service awards, compensation paid to us, and general consumer interest and awareness. For Credit Cards, Quicken Compare has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of specific credit card products. Quicken Compare and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Quicken Compare Score
The Quicken Compare score is based on multiple factors such as the most popular choice, consumer feedback and our internal evaluation. The score is unbiased and its goal is to provide you with a relative recommendation of offers as you compare the brands listed in our marketplaces. We do receive monetary compensation if you utilize the brands listed which allows us to keep this service free.
Quicken Compare, a LMB Opco, LLC company, is compensated by third-party advertisers, however, any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in editorial content are of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the advertiser. We make every effort to provide up-to-date information, however we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information presented. Consumers should verify any terms and conditions with the institution providing the products. Articles may contain some sponsored content, content about affiliated entities or content about clients in the network. QuickenCompare does not include all lenders or offers available in the marketplace. The content displayed on QuickenCompare or in this video does not provide legal, financial, accounting or tax advice. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.